Here are the instructions for calibrating the spreader. Try calibrating the spreader first. If that doesn't solve the problem contact us at the following link. http://tinyurl.com/c3s4e28
1. Set micrometer to 6
2. Turn the spreader over so that you are looking at the outside of the bottom of the hopper.
3. Squeeze the trigger with your foot.
4. Locate the calibration line (small, embossed line on the bottom of the hopper the 2nd tooth from the spring in the center).
5. With the micrometer set at 6 and the trigger squeezed against the handle, either the raised ridge (if present) or the front edge of the shut-off bar should be aligned with the calibration line.
Note: If the hopper is missing a calibration line - using the setting of a 6 they should be able to pass a 9/64" drill bit through the opening just to the right of the center. (First opening to the right of the spring.)
7. To adjust the alignment, use a small wrench to turn the black calibration screw at the lower end of the control wire leading from the micrometer.
8. Adjust the screw until the calibration line and either the raised ridge (if present) or the front edge of the shut-off bar meet.
answered 1 year, 5 months ago
Marysville, OH, USA